|Product Type||Shipped Product|
|Number of reviews||0|
MACHINED BBC DART BIG M SPORTSMAN BARE BLOCK 4.560" BORE
This block is fully machined and ready for prep work. Please read the complete add before purchasing.
This is a file photo. Appearance may vary.
We have various bore sizes available.
This block will be decked to desired specs using our Centroid touch probe block machine. It will also be bored and honed on our Sunnen SV10 Diamond hone machine. Our Sunnen machine uses the two step honing procedure for the absolute best finish.
Dart Block Specs. and features.
- Standard 9.800" deck ht.
- Siamesed extra thick cylinder walls to resist cracking and improve ring seal (minimum .300" thick with 4.625" bore).
- Uses +.300" tall Gen VI style lifters.
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures.
- 4 bolt ductile iron main caps have splayed outer bolts for extra strength.
- True priority main oil system lubricates the main bearings before the lifters.
- Oil filter pad is drilled and tapped for an external oil pump.
- Lifter valley head stud bosses prevent blown head gaskets.
- Rear main cap uses standard oil pump and two piece seal - no adapter required!
- Mechanical fuel pump boss, clutch linkage mounts, and side and front motor mounts simplify installation in any chassis.
- Dual oil pan bolt patterns fit standard and notched oil pans.
The block is bored to size with our new Centroid touch probe machine. Few machine shops have a machine of this accuracy.
We also deck the blocks to an RA finish of approx. 15 or better. The decking procedure is also done by our Centroid CNC machine.
We often find many brand new blocks to have a sloping deck of up to 4 thous. When we're finished decking the block, it is within approx. .001 accuracy from end to end. Many machine shops fail to catch this as the machinery they use does not allow for such accuracy.
We then plate hone the block with our new Sunnen SV10 diamond hone machine. This is also a very advanced machine that hones the block with a finish unlike conventional machines.
The final step is to clean the block in our high pressure block washer.
We ship directly from our warehouse. Local pickup is acceptable, or we will ship to anywhere in the 48 continental US for Free.
These blocks require a special cam bearing. See our other listings for all accessories.
This product does not have any reviews yet.