Big Block Mopar Dodge Plymouth V8 413 440 Complete Electronic Distributor PE342
|Product Type||Shipped Product|
|Number of reviews||0|
Big Block Mopar Dodge Plymouth V8 413 440 Electronic Ignition Distributor PE342
THIS MODEL HAS THE RED MALE STYLE CAP
Some models may have a wire retainer cover on the distributor cap. Often these wire retainers are difficult to use on many plug wires. If the plug wires fit securely on the cap there is not need for this retainer. We recommend not using it.
It's a fully self-contained distributor with the module, also called the brain box, built into it. You can get rid of every bit of that dried up wiring mess from your old system, including the ballast resistor. All this unit needs is a fresh 12 volt coil, and you simply hook up the two wires coming from the distributor to the coil, and that's it. No other wiring or components are needed.
The fact that you can eliminate that mess of dried out wiring and ballast resistor should be reason enough, as well as eliminating your well worn distributor.
If you're running a point style distributor now, you're going to be amazed at the way your car starts, warms up and performs when you switch over. We recommend a 12 volt coil (listed under distributor accessories in our other listings) and you will have the ultimate ignition system. This is a fully self-contained ignition system, except for the coil.
Point style distributors are simply insane to run. The unleaded fuel is so very poorly ignited with point type ignition systems.
This has to be the best money you could ever spend on your point style or early style electronic ignition system.
BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, COMES WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY
NOTE FROM OUR COMPANY PRESIDENT, SKIP WHITE.
We do have spare caps and rotors for this unit, as well as any part you may need.
This unit has a vacuum advance.
Some of the many benefits of electronic ignition over points are as listed below.
- Much better fuel mileage
- Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
- Faster start ups, especially in cold weather
Those with carbs. prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
- Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
- Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
- Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
- Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
- Overall engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points. This is a fact.
Most old distributors have wear in the shaft bushings, causing fluctuations in performance. It would be impossible for a distributor that's been run for 15 or more years to not have excessive wear.
This product does not have any reviews yet.