HI RISE SBC SINGLE PLANE BLACK POWDER COAT INTAKE MANIFOLD 1-147-015
|Product Type||Shipped Product|
|Number of reviews||0|
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
You may add items into your shopping cart but in order to check out you will have to call us. Our check out feature on our website is being upgraded at this time. We can take your order over the phone and answer any technical questions you may have. We accept all major credit cards, cash, check, and money orders. Just give us a call at 423-722-5152 and we can process your order promptly. In the event you attempt to reach us outside of our operating hours, please leave us a detailed message and we will return your call at our earliest opportunity.
Very similar to the Hurricane by Pro Products
This intake fits 1955-1995 small block carbureted engines except the L31 vortec heads.
It is a non-EGR equipped, 360 degree single plane high rise intake manifold and is ideal for maximum street performance and racing applications. It will provide outstanding power from 3000 to 7800 RPM with optimum power in the mid to upper RPM ranges.
This single plane intake is the best choice for achieving the highest horse power possible. If your engine is in a heavy vehicle such as a pickup truck, then you may want to use the Typhoon dual plane intake as it will move your torque band into the lower rpm range slightly.
This intake also gives an engine a very serious appearance with its tall stance. Be sure you have sufficient hood clearance as this intake is taller than most others styles. We also offer this in the satin version. See our other listings.
- Part Number: 1-147-015
- RPM Range 3000-7800
- Intake Port Dimensions 1.80"x 1.11"
- Manifold height 6.06"
The intake ports are intentionally left small to provide a starting point for custom porting and port matching to your cylinder heads.
- Accepts late model water neck, air-conditioning, alternator, and HEI brackets
- Four corner water outlets
- Does not have provisions for exhaust heated style choke
- Does have dual distributor hold-down provisions for protection against distributor rotation
- Square bore carb bolt pattern for the 4150/4160 style carburetor
- Cast-in nitrous bosses
The light weight aluminum reduces front end weight over stock cast iron models.
Heat dissipation is another plus of aluminum over cast iron. Engines run better if the intake can rid itself of heat.
Our aluminum intakes are cast from steel molds, not sand molds. They provide a tighter grain casting, therefore reducing the occurrence of porosity which can mar the finish.
No drawback to using this intake. Only a great savings in money!
- Left over stock of an item that was discontinued in the past.
- A few have become slow sellers for us, as our business has shifted into high value items such as engines, rotating assem. and cyl heads.
- We have purchased some items in bulk that were discontinued and have many of these items still in stock.
- We're trying to clear out space for our new engine room and we're in a rush to do so.
- Acquire funds to build our second new machine shop for building engines.
We offer a full line of the Speedmaster and Edelbrock intake manifolds. Be sure of what style manifold you need before purchasing. For installation tips, we suggest that you check the technical section of the various car forums. YouTube is also a great source for detailed installation instructions. As mentioned, we have a full line of Edelbrock manifolds in our other listings. It is our opinion that the Edelbrock manifolds are superior in quality, appearance, and performance. They are slightly higher in cost, but well worth the investment. They are also made in the USA.
This product does not have any reviews yet.